FREE TRACKING SOFTWARE
- See where you currently rank on search engines like Google
- See best ranking keywords and where you're ranked in search engines
- View your online reputation and recent reviews
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Suggest a topic to our experts
The Importance Of Utilizing Directories
A directory is a collection of websites arranged in categories and subcategories such as news, art and home services. You’ve probably heard that in order for people to find your website, you must submit your information to directories. There are thousands of directories out there and if you want to submit your information to them all, you will have to make good use of your time.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself when dealing with directories:
- Why do I need to submit my information to a directory?
- When you submit your information to multiple directories, search engines will “read” your information many times, deeming it important. More valid directory submissions provide more validity to your website.
- Should I submit my information to any and all directories I can find?
- No! Not all directories follow search engine rules, which leaves them in danger of being banned. This would put a negative mark on your site, making it even more difficult to rank on search engines.
- How do I know if a directory is reputable?
- Make sure that the directories you choose have an acceptance process that reviews submissions. Check to see if they’re valid and respected to your industry.
- How much money should I spend on directories?
- The cost of listing on directories varies from $0 to up to $199 per month. You should check the number of visitors per month the directory has and if it offers any incentives for your business.
All in all, directory submissions are an important part of increasing your online presence. Submitting to the right directories will boost the number of visitors to your website and increase the number and quality of your leads.